PDQ Product Expert Engineer
We’re looking for a seasoned Microsoft Windows system administrator to support other Microsoft Windows system administrators.
PDQ.com (that’s us) develops software designed by system administrators for system administrators. Support includes everything from product usage to advanced diagnoses of Windows network and system issues. We don’t do phone or remote support, so exceptionally well-written communication in the English language is essential.
We have a solid reputation for providing the best product support in the industry, so if you love solving complex problems, enjoy learning (you will learn a lot), and can explain complex technical details clearly, you have our attention.
And since it’s about details, here they are:
- Diagnose customer technical issues using logging, tools, targeted questions, and brains.
- Provide system administration help, from DNS (it’s always DNS) to GPOs (it’s still DNS), that impacts the usability of our products.
- Research software problems and identify solutions.
- Escalate unresolved issues to Development and assign beatings.
- Work with QA and Development to find elegant solutions to customer issues.
- Evaluate and participate in new product features.
- Work with the team to resolve highly complex issues and not so complex issues.
- Create, test, and troubleshoot deployment packages for PDQ Deploy and Collections for PDQ Inventory.
- Prioritize and manage several tasks. While multitasking is a myth, task management is not.
- Learn a lot, all the time.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows desktop and Microsoft Windows Server.
- Ability to participate and thrive in strong, mutually-cooperative teams.
- Good understanding of Windows networking (DNS, NetBT, DHCP, SMB, Windows Firewall, etc.).
- Substantial understanding of Active Directory, including multi-domain environments (GPO’s, users/groups, LAPS, OUs/containers, trust relationships, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience using PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory and a background with other system management tools (SCCM, LANDesk, Tivoli, ZENWorks, etc.).
- Sound understanding of software deployment methodology such as silent installations, registry modification, MSI, transforms, etc.
- Demonstrable scripting experience in your favorite scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, batch file, Python).
- And because it wouldn’t feel like a job description without the obligatory, “Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.”
We have an exceptional work environment located in downtown Salt Lake City. Each employee has his/her own office (yes, with a door that can be kept open or closed.) We have superlative benefits and we take care of our own.
We are looking for local candidates, but we will consider relocation to Salt Lake City. We are not able to relocate internationally and we do not sponsor visas, so you must be legally able to work in the US. This job is 100% on-site. We do not have remote workers.
To get started please fill out this form and we’ll send you an email outlining our hiring process. It’s unique and it’s very effective for finding talented folks.