Snippets from my diary
- June 13, 2008 – I realized today that I’ve downloaded the same Vista image 3 different times from MSDN.
- July 8, 2003 – Yep, it’s official: My memory has been replaced by google.
- April 4, 2006 – Laughed my ass off today. I looked at the code of an auto-generated class in Visual Basic. The comment section said: “This code was generated by a tool”
- August 18, 2005 – Tested hosting our Tivoli DB on a $3,000 Dell workstation running RedHat. Blew our $100,000 Sun server out of the water.
- June 5, 2007 – TechEd in Orlando. Haven’t seen so many mouth-breathers since Dragon*Con.
- Sep. 17, 1996. Well, I saw a dude with a Novell tattoo. Instead of the big red N he should have just tattooed “I never get laid”.
- Nov. 8, 2006 – Listened to a domain administrator spend over 3 hours lying, spinning and pirouetteing around the fact that he f**ked up and caused the Domain Admins group to be removed from 514 servers. Reminded me of my brother’s ol’ boss who used to say “I won’t fire you for pushing the wrong button but I WILL fire you for covering it up.”
- Jan. 13, 2007 – ahem. I accidentally deployed the SMS Admin Console to 373 computers today. Where’s my resume.doc?
- Sep. 1, 1999 – Adam stood on his desk and recited [Monty Python’s] entire “Story of the Film So Far” so loud that people started slamming their office doors.
- Jul 26, 2011 – Motörhead and Ouzo. Writing SQL functions have never been easier.
BTW, it was true about the Novell tattoo. 1996 was the year that I moved my small little network off of NetWare 3.12 and onto Windows NT 3.5.1.