Scripting and Automation (Professional, Enthusiast, Nerd)
We’re looking for … blah blah… self starter… blah blah … proficient… blah blah… synergy… yada yadda yadda.
OK, now that we’ve covered every other job description on the planet, let’s really tell you what we’re looking for.
Windows system administrators who don’t cower in the corner when it comes to troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, or general Windows OS problems. Seasoned IT professionals who love speaking with like-minded geeks and have impressive t-shirt collections. (Sweat rings and gravy stains are a bonus.)
Maybe you’ve worked in an IT department, or perhaps provided technical support on a helpdesk (more than just password resets). You have created and/or managed Windows domains. If you hear the term Trust Relationship your first thoughts are related to Active Directory and not a support group for lonely, misguided, slightly awkward IT admins. You understand business computing and you possess the unique ability to communicate that knowledge efficiently in the English language (both written and verbal).
A successful candidate will be able to learn our software very quickly; an ideal candidate will already be using it.
- Ability to participate and thrive in strong, mutually-cooperative teams.
- Demonstrable scripting experience in your favorite scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, batch file, Python). PowerShell is our preferred language, though nobody’s perfect.
- Active Directory – multi-domain environments, GPO’s, OU’s, users/groups, trust relationships, etc
- Windows Networking – (DNS, DHCP, SMB, etc.).
- System Management Tools – PDQ Deploy, PDQ Inventory, SCCM, LANDesk, Tivoli, ZENWorks, etc
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- And because it wouldn’t feel like a job description without the obligatory, “Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.”
We have a great work environment. We’re in downtown Salt Lake City. Each employee has his/her own office (yes, with a door that can be kept open or closed.) We have awesome benefits and we take care of our own.
We are offering relocation to Salt Lake City. We are not able to relocate internationally and we do not sponsor visas, so you must be legally able to work in the US. This job is 100% on-site. We do not have remote workers.
To get started please fill out this form and we’ll send you an email outlining our hiring process. It’s unique and it’s very effective for finding talented folks.