My “esteemed” colleague Shane recently posted his random thoughts on the passing scene. Well, he couldn’t be more wrong… allow me to elucidate.*
- Windows 7 is proving to be pretty slick thanks, in part, to finally bundling PowerShell.
PowerShell, SmowerShell, bring back autoexec.bat!
- Tom Waits is the greatest songwriter in my lifetime.
Tom’s sound (I can’t use the term “music”) is like the long, drawn out death rattle of a man dying of terminal flatulence.
- I’m not ready to forgive Microsoft for Vista which continues to be the greatest over-correction in the history of micro-computing. This is one grudge that is going to be hard for me to lose.
Vista was one of the greatest… um… okay, even I can’t disagree here.
- All truth can be circumscribed into South Park, Simpson, MASH and Seinfeld quotes.
What? Are you crazy? You forgot Red Dwarf, xkcd, and Firefly.
- Women should make a point to go Microsoft Tech-Ed if only to enjoy seeing the long queues out of the mens restroom while the womens room is virtually empty.
Well, loser, for your information that’s only because more men attend than women. Ha! Boy, are you dumb.
- The Big Lebowski is more than a movie, it’s a way of life. (c’mon, bowling, marmots, purple one-piece outfits, white russians and the occasional acid flashback).
All I can say is “The Dude Abides.”
- I’m starting to have doubts that PowerShell will “take off”.
That’s what they said about VBScript, and look where it is today.
- Any meeting that lasts longer than 28 minutes is a %*$#@!^ waste of time.
I assume by %*$#@!^ you mean “complete not”… in which case you’re wrong.
- It’s rare to dazzle with brilliance but common to baffle with bullshit.
As your supposed “blog post” clearly illustrates.
- Everyone has at least one good story.
Not my dad. I’ve been trying for years to identify one, only to be left wanting.
- I use a Mac but make my money off of Windows.
Working for the same company as you, and also using a Mac, I must ask: What money?
- Give me South Park or give me death!
- I still recommend Revolution OS. If you haven’t seen it, well, you have a homework assignment.
[end of line]
Thank you, I’ll be here all week, try the roast beef.
* For the record: Shane, I’m only kidding, you are 1000% correct (please don’t hurt me.)