We’re happy to announce that the next versions of both PDQ Deploy and PDQ Deploy Pro have been released as public betas. If you’re interested helping us test these new versions or just want to see what’s new, please download them and give them a try. You can sign up for either or both.
Here’s a brief rundown of the new features:
- Organize installers into folders, making it easier to keep track of large numbers of installers.
- Deploy scripts written in VB Script or PowerShell.
- Deploy registry files exported from regedit.exe.
- View all deployments from all installers in a single list.
- Export/import multiple installers in one file.
PDQ Deploy Pro
- Everything from PDQ Deploy above.
- View all schedules from all installers in a single list.
- Multiple actions per installer. Create installers that include several applications, updates, or script files all in one deployment.
- Command actions. Run commands on targets without the need to copy an installer file.
- Improved setup which makes it easier to install and upgrade the database, server, and consoles.
The improved installer in PDQ Deploy Pro has been a major focus of this new release. The installation and configuration of PDQ Deploy Pro can be a bit complex as it involves installing a database (using Microsoft SQL Server) a server and one or more consoles. If you tried PDQ Deploy Pro in the past and ran into some issues getting it installed, this new installer is for you.
Over the next few weeks we’ll be rolling out some helpful videos, tutorials, and other information to help you make the most of these products.