Introducing Inventory Optional Agent
The optional agent is here! PDQ Inventory 16 includes our most anticipated and requested feature ever. PDQ now gives you options that best suit your environment; Agent or Agentless. The Agent is an optional service installed on computers in the PDQ Inventory database. It is used to perform tasks that would typically require a direct connection and use of the normal PDQ Inventory service.
(The Agent requires Enterprise mode running Central Server.)
- Connect to computers outside your network using a connection to PDQ.com servers.
- Monitor the target computers for events rather than poll for them and reports accordingly:
- User session logged on/logged off
- Computer boot
- Computer Shutdown
- Scan computers outside the network when they are connected.
- Upgrading the PDQ Inventory console upgrades the Agent computers as well.
- The Agent can be viewed per computer in its very own collections in the Collection Library. To access, on the Main Console, expand the Collection Library > Applications > Utilities PDQ > PDQ Agent.
This is just the first iteration of the Agent and lays the groundwork for so many more capabilities. The Agent will get better and better with each new version.