The time has finally come for the Free and Pro versions of PDQ Deploy to be merged. We’ve been working on getting a single version of PDQ Deploy to match the single version of PDQ Inventory and we’re nearly there. This first public beta of PDQ Deploy 1.5 takes us one step closer.
Merging Free and Pro into one product has a number of advantages, not the least of which is the simplification of the development process leading to faster releases of new features. Free users will get the benefits of new features from Pro without waiting and Pro users will get new features faster as we streamline development.
So, what else is new in 1.5? Here’s a rundown.
- New data grids supporting printing and exporting to various file formats and other useful features.
- Import from and link to groups in Spiceworks.
- Deployment service. This is new for Free users, now deployments run in a background service allowing the console to be closed while deployments continue running.
- Copy and paste actions from one installer to another.
- Import/Export schedules.
- Improved interaction with the PDQ Deploy service to fix issues with credenditals.
- Many other bug fixes and enhancements.
Beta 2 will include a bunch of new user requested features, so keep an eye out.