Okay, now you’ve got some servers consolidated using virtualization (you are consolidating servers, right?) But what do you do with the old boxes? Sure, you could donate them to a charity or recycle them in an eco-friendly way. But where’s the fun in that? Here are some other ideas.
- Cubicle space heater.
- Fill with sand for large zen garden.
- Add realistic wind noise to flight simulator game.
- Glue front panels on fridge to hide beer in server room rack.
- Boat anchor for CEO’s new yacht.
- Add some tubing, Mentos and Diet Coke to win contract for new fountain sculpture outside courthouse.
- Landscaping for new miniature golf course in old server room.
- Build vacation shack and show up that beer can house guy.
- Pizza warmer.
- Advanced new “laptop” for that guy in sales who’s always making fun of your conference t-shirts.
Follow me on Twitter @AdamRuth