In preparation for installing Internet Explorer 9 to your company computers, I wanted to compile some helpful links to get you started.
In the coming week I will be demonstrating the customization and deployment of IE 9, but I didn’t want to wait on getting these links to you.
- Download IE 9 (Platform specific)
- IEAK Download info page (Multi-language)
- IEAK Direct Download (English)
- IE9 Blocker Toolkit – Not ready for IE9? Prevent your users from getting it automatically via wupdate.
- IE9 Deployment Guide
- Customizing IE9 using IEAK – Quick web reference for starting IEAK customizations.
You’ll glean the proper switches to use for the deployment, but the most common switches that you’ll use to deploy IE9 silently without forcing each installation to download updates, use the following:
/quiet /norestart /update-no
The information above will be broken down into multiple posts so that we can devote the appropriate amount of time to each section.