Kick-Ass DevOps Wanted
We have 3 positions available:
- Scripting Automation
- PDQ Product Support
- Senior IT Security
We’re looking for … blah blah… self starter… blah blah … proficient… blah blah… synergy… yadda yadda yadda.
OK, now that we’ve covered every other job description on the planet, let’s really tell you what we’re looking for.
While they are different roles, the qualifications for all of our DevOps positions have quite a bit of overlap. Therefore, our process is to look for the same type of person.
We’re seeking Windows system administrators who don’t cower in the corner when it comes to troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, or general Windows OS problems. Seasoned IT professionals who love speaking with like-minded geeks and have impressive t-shirt collections. (Sweat rings and gravy stains are a bonus.)
Maybe you’ve worked in an IT department, or perhaps provided technical support on a helpdesk (more than just password resets). You have created and/or managed Windows domains. When you hear the term “Trust Relationship”, your first thoughts are related to Active Directory and not a support group for lonely, misguided, slightly-awkward IT admins. You understand business computing and you possess the unique ability to communicate that knowledge efficiently in the English language (both written and verbal).
A successful candidate will be able to learn our software very quickly; an ideal candidate will already be using it.
- Strong background with Windows desktop and server support in a business environment.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, including GPOs, security groups, Windows firewall settings, etc.
- Strong background with Systems Management tools such as PDQ Deploy, PDQ Inventory, SCCM, LANDesk, Tivoli, ZENWorks, etc.
- Strong understanding of software deployment methodology such as silent installations, registry modification, MSI, etc.
- Experience supporting basic networking. No need for CISCO certs, just some good practical knowledge. You know, like can you tell a difference between a subnet and a fishnet.
- Scripting experience (.BAT, PowerShell, BASH, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
We have a great work environment here in downtown Salt Lake City. Each employee has his/her own office (yes, with a door that can be kept open or closed). We have awesome benefits and take care of our own.
We are offering relocation to Salt Lake City. We are not able to relocate internationally and we do not sponsor visas, so you must be able to legally work in the US. This job is 100% on-site. We do not have remote workers.
To get started please fill out this form and we’ll send you an email outlining our hiring process. It’s unique, and very effective for finding talented folks.